Naval Radiation/core distal connection!

Naval Radiation Class with Natalie....


  • Integrates the extremities  of the body into the center
  • This point being through the Naval.
  • Present in utero at 8 weeks, when ting limbs have formed.
  • Same pattern of radial symmetry as found in a starfish.
  • Can also been seen in newborns- where movement is very much organised round our center/naval.
  • Six limbs being; 2 arms, 2 Legs, head and tail 
  • All limbs are clearly differentiated, but are part of a whole body pattern.
  • Each body part will learn that it can initiate movement independently of the other parts-but still are interconnected and related through naval. 

       

Mapping of limbs in class.....very focused on my centre and how once upon a time there was my main source of support ...now being my head-for food and water.....I had forgotten that my 6 limbs all when through this midpoint because I have as a dancer become so specialized in isolating body parts into complex moves and at different times...it was nice to remind myself that I am one whole body....within improvisation and technique I have started to think if I do this move with this leg....how does this connect to what I'm doing with my head.....if I'm upside down in a handstand, does by thinking about a connection through the midpoint to all limbs help me balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment