Cells and Cellular Breathing

A lesson on cellular breathing....

As soon as anyone mentions the word cell to me, I start to get excited. As crazy as this may sound I am scientifically minded...how that all life forms are based on them, how these are built for purpose and function, all of the organelles that go into one.....if there was no cell, there would be no humans! These little guys are just outstanding!!

Until about 5 years ago I thought a cell looked like this...
 (Basic animal cell drawing from journal with Cell wall,Nucleus, and cytoplasm.)

and this is what gets me excited...
 (As you can see there is alot more organelles with many functions and how compact all of these cells are!)

From Sensing, Feeling and Action...summed up for me just how important I think in life....
 "The cell is the fundamental unit of life. Cells are responsible for growth, dysfunction, repair and death. Each cell has structure and carries out all of the processes necessary for maintaining life, including breath, food intake/digestion/elimination, circulation of fluids, movement within itself and movement through space, memory, habit, and adaptability."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_781374&feature=iv&src_vid=LP7xAr2FDFU&v=fKEaTt9heNM

Cellular breathing -

Cellular breathing is the second prevertebrate pattern of the Basic Neurological Patterns (BNP). It is the first organic pattern of living cells-the exchange of gasses through the ebb and flow of fluids passing through membranes.
Through cellular breathing we experience life force.
Cellular breathing relates to one-celled animals, such as amoeba.
Underlying all breathing, movement and activity.
At cellular level, breathing and moving are intertwined.

The partner graphic in Natalie's class brought awareness to the breath and how each breath I inhale brings life to every cell. With the aid of a partner's hands mapping out parts of my body- I was drawn to these areas through breath as I inhaled and exhaled.....the cells felt like they were bobbing around in a sea! The scientific image of gas exchange helped me to allow myself to breath.....allow my cells to breath....



Why Cellular Breathing helps me?

·         Within my practice find that understanding science behind my movement, helps me to understand and support my curiosities’ as why my body moves in the way it does.
·         Thinking the cells are breathing-release tension while I move-on the out breath.
·         Realized I find it hard to breath while I move and this isn’t great for energy levels of late when I’m exhausted- so finding this has helped me sustain longer periods of dancing










No comments:

Post a Comment