First trip to the Tate LONDON!!!

This was my first trip to the Tate London and to be honest I was pretty reluctant as to whether I would enjoy it. I had previously been to the Tate in St.Ives when I was much younger, there was alot of crazy sculptures I didn't get and contemporary art that I could have not appreciated at that age. But I was willing to give it another go and just being in London is just wonderful! 





A few photos from the visit that inspired me within my movement curiosities for November. While we were there in November, the Tate has opened up The Tanks- a place where artists could display their performative  art. I gained alot of inspiration from these installations but one that stood out was an idea that inspired me for our FMP. There was two light projectors and two screens that crossed over, people were allowed to create shadows and it wouldn't just reflect off one screen but onto the other. The bodies creating repetitive shadows reminded me of an old dance film where you had many dancers doing all movements in unison and create like an optical illusion...But with our FMP we are looking at the collaboration between dance and photography ... so thought this maybe a great idea to look how dance could be captured through just the silhouette. .... maybe using photographs or bodies/lights and screens....
 




5 comments:

  1. This is very impressive post with every minute details mentioned and clearly expressed,
    great job.

    Dance Academy in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the ideas highlighted in this post interesting and think they are reflected in the 'darkroom' section of our fmp what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder.
    We Get Down Song by A.L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
    It ain't nothin by Catastraphy

    ReplyDelete