Itchy feet again...

Finishing second year I felt restricted, confined, caged up by deadlines, uni, the city, people and within myself. I longed to feel expansive spaces, freedom where my thoughts could explore, where I could just experience for experiencing sake and just being me and living was enough. My feet itched to wonder on foreign soil, as they had previously two years  before.... I returned as a whole! Confident and daring in who I was, hungry for exploration, with a wider sense of perception of all layers of life! Two years on I still have these characteristics, but something has changed.....being lost while I'm exploring new places-I relish, but being lost within in myself-dread comes to mind....

"The most exciting thing about travel for me is the delicious sense of disorientation, that Alice-in-Wonderland sense that even the smallest, most mundane details of life have been switched around. For me, getting lost in a strange place isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. I like the sense of being totally cut off from the predictable world of my everyday life, immersed in the strangeness of the new."

This quote got me thinking, why am I at such ease with new situations and surroundings and being lost in these places doesn't fright me? whereas at being at times lost within life and what I should be achieving or doing with my life sends me into a nervous disposition and that I should conform to what everyone else is doing.....maybe??A second question also arose for me- where had my passion gone? My zing? My zest? Somewhere in the city, among the thousands of students, the small country girl has lost her passion for life in conformity to society. Can you regrow passion?  For me what form will it appear in and will it return through and before I begin my final year here. 

http://bigthink.com/insights-of-genius/where-does-passion-come-from

No comments:

Post a Comment