Siobhan Davies Archive

As part of D-Traces Project the whole class had to take part in a library session, exploring the Siobhan Davies archive and creating a scrapbook of; videos, pictures, written resources and biography that intrigued us. Even though I had studied Siobhan Davies before, I had never had access to the volume of resources that were now present at my finger tips. Siobhan Davies had been key in my choice to enter the contemporary world, the way shes uses all aspects of the artistic world strongly in her pieces, fascinates me. It was also a great introduction to a project that been drawn from her archive. Lastly it would aid my studies for researching, writing, choreographing and improvising.

Firstly I choose the video of her piece Wyoming because I had previously studied the first section at GCSE and was curious to see the development of the dance, as I found the first section very inspiring and considered it maybe to be a creative stimulus in the future. I also saved the cast sheet, article and details about the piece carnival, this being because I had watched the piece but had no understanding about what it was about or who the dancers were. Also in my scrapbook I saved images and videos of a piece called Bank, this simply was because it had been mentioned by some of the dancers at the Siobhan Davies dance day that they were part of and I was interested to see how they moved and to see what the piece was about. Overall I believe I would use the archive again to definitely aid my studies.

1 comment:

  1. On September 8, 2000, determine skater Kristi Yamaguchi committed expert basketball gamer Bret Hedican. The couple first met at the starting wedding of the 1992 winter season Olympic games in Albertville, Portugal. Neither was looking for a serious connection at time as they were both very covered up in their jobs as expert, outstanding sports sportsmen. At time they met, Bret was a fresh gamer on the U.S.
    ice basketball team, and Kristi was just a few days away from roller skating her way to a precious metal honor.
    Contact Improvisation  Dance Directory

    ReplyDelete