Feedback for duet from our peers and Kayte

We were firstly worried about if our idea came across clearly enough, but our peers assured us it was very clear. Kayte's feedback was that we shouldn't go down the path of contact improvisation but stick to simple activities like running or walking. These apparently show how different we are as movers rather than trying to overwork the idea. As a duet we didn't even think about it, because it seemed far to simple. Our peers thought out movement was very similar to that of out studio practice classes and that we shouldn't worry about just dancing as ourselves, which would be a clear way to show individuality. I would agree, but I am worried that if  we did this, I would fall back into my old style and this would hinder my progress in the duet. The last idea that was suggested was about an idea of colour and maybe costume. After each section stripping off another layer until it reveals a bright colour which represents our movement personalities. I loved this idea and can't wait to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment