Interview with Shannon and general feeback.



Feedback from Shannon about my solo choreography after my  work in progress sharing.
After reflecting on what she said, I would say I agree about the second part of the solo going away from the idea and I couldn't think of any reason why is should be included other than it was movement I felt safe with. But in response to her saying about having a change of dynamics, I question whether that would take away from the painful emotion of restraints?

Feedback from peers, tutors and from myself.
-I have a lot of movement material on the lower and higher level but next time should explore the middle level-which I like to describe the awkward level.
-I made great sculptural shapes but I need to look at the transitions between them and how they reflect my stimulus. Transitions are just as important as main motifs.
-Rhythm and speed was varying, but I tend to rush movements where I could hold them for longer. I feel I need to look at the quality of my movement timing.
-Great eye focus and drawing attention to smaller details of movement.
-I have really started to explore outside of my comfortable movement vocabulary, but I shouldn't feel embarrassed about experimenting or that it doesn't look polished, because I'm improvising with an idea.

2 comments:

  1. Your solo really stood out to me and you looked comfortable doing the movement so its interesting to know that it was actually outside your comfort zone. I struggle a lot with the middle level as well. Have you explored more with that level since? If so, how are you finding it now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since your comment, I believe the classes in Alexander Technique and Skinner releasing have really helped me to explore the middle level. I believe the problem may have been, being scared to out weight on my hands, because I don't have a strong upper body to support myself. Though movement studies, I have been able to use being on all four, in the middle level as an exploration.

    ReplyDelete